My 11 month-old puppy Otis is fortunate to have a litter mate living here in San Francisco. This afternoon I took Otis around the corner to Douglass Dog Park and as soon as we entered, BOOM, her sister/litter mate Magpie came charging up. I wish I’d had had my phone/camera on the ready because they immediately started celebrating, running precisely side-by-side all over, back and forth across the park, happy, happy pups. Magpie performed amazing lateral jumps directly over Otis while running (one of which you can see in the video). The joy of recognition, reunion and sisterhood!
- Dog Training During COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place
- How socialization works: Dogs (and only dogs) can truly bond to multiple species
- Helping your fearful puppy become a more confident dog
- My article in Bark Magazine about how often to reward your dog during training
- Locally sourced: Get to know your puppy or dog before adopting
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: Why your dog must feel SAFE
- Realistic expectations: The semantics of “fixing” your dog
- Train your wee, little dog as if he were Cujo!
- Why you should take your urban puppy to socials after just one set of shots
- Head collars for loose leash walking